Halmstad’s dog-friendly cafés and restaurants
Halmstad has an exceptionally wide range of excellent restaurants and friendly cafés. Many of them welcome both you and your dog inside. During the summer season, there are also plenty of charming restaurants with open-air seating where your dog is most welcome.
Before you bring the dog in, remember to check with the restaurant or cafe just to be on the safe side so it's ok. At the bottom of the page there is a map with dog-friendly restaurants and cafes
At family-friendly Söderfamiljen (swe), External link, opens in new window. your dog is always welcome. Located right on the quayside of the Nisa river, it offers a great atmosphere and excellent food. Come here and bring your pooch along for a relaxed dinner, or just sit in the sun with a refreshing drink and accompanying snacks and gaze out over the river.
At Söderpiren (swe), External link, opens in new window. your doggie can also come inside. You can enjoy delicious pastries, hot sandwiches, fresh salads and fresh smoothies in a stunning setting right by the sea. The café is located next to the popular Västra stranden dog beach and the Prince Bertil’s Trail. Simply a perfect place to kick back with your dog before or after some fun activity!
Were you aware that Halmstad has something as unique as a champagne bar? And not only that – a champagne bar where your dog is also most welcome. At a little party (swe) External link, opens in new window. you can enjoy a glass of champagne from small exclusive growers, or choose a well-known name. This is accompanied by carefully selected accompaniments and tasty hot dishes.
List of additional dog-friendly restaurants in Halmstad
Restaurant name – and where in the restaurant dogs are welcome
- a little party (swe) External link, opens in new window. – indoors and outdoors.
- Charlie’s krypin (swe) External link, opens in new window. – indoors and outdoors. Only open in the summertime.
- Franz Bar External link, opens in new window. – dogs are always welcome at the open-air seating area. Small dogs are also welcome inside.
- Jarlen (swe) External link, opens in new window. – trained dogs are welcome inside. Big dogs may be asked to remain outside if the restaurant is full, as it may otherwise get too crowded. All dogs are welcome in the outdoor seating area.
- Källarkrogen Vinyl (swe) External link, opens in new window. – in the outdoor seating area and even at the tables just inside the door.
- Söderfamiljen (swe) External link, opens in new window. – indoors and outdoors.
- Söderpiren (swe) External link, opens in new window. – indoors and outdoors.
Bring your dog to the café
Take your canine with you for a snack in town or out in the country. A little further down the page, we’ve also listed several dog-friendly cafés.
"Fika", snacks and coffee in town
If you’re hungry for a snack, there are plenty of options for you and your pooch. For the best selection of raw food snacks in town, head to the super friendly Rawfabrique Café (swe). External link, opens in new window. You can also enjoy tasty wraps, hearty salads and healthy smoothies packed with goodness at Rawfabrique, which also has gluten-free options. At the charming Brooktorpsgården (swe), External link, opens in new window. your dog is also more than welcome both indoors and at the open-air dining area. Located in one of Halmstad’s oldest houses, the café serves homemade pastries, sandwiches and lunch.
At Cortade Coffee Shop External link, opens in new window. at Norre Torg, your dog is welcome to join you inside. Cortade offers super delicious pastries along with some really good coffee. And if you are hungry and want something more substantial, in addition to its breakfast and brunch menu they also offer salad bowls, sandwiches and wraps, including vegetarian choices, even vegan options! All with a focus on good quality raw ingredients.
Rural countryside cafés and verdant gardens
If you would like to combine your snack time with a lovely country experience, the doors of Linda’s excellent eco-café are open for you and your dog. Lindas Ekocafé (swe) External link, opens in new window. serves homemade pastries and slow food in a charming rural setting. Don’t forget to check out the neighbor Patriks Prylar (swe), External link, opens in new window. a one-of-a-kind furnishings and decoration emporium filled with unusual stuff – vintage, new and repurposed. And if you visit Nicola’s Café (swe), External link, opens in new window. you will find plenty of man’s best friends there, indoors and outdoors. Guests can enjoy home-baked pastries and homemade food in a wonderfully peaceful setting. The surrounding nature invites you to take your dog for a leisurely walk.
During the summer, many cozy cafés open up their outdoor serving areas. At the idyllic village Karlslund Café (swe), External link, opens in new window. you can sit down with your dog in their wonderfully lush garden. Enjoy fresh coffee, waffles, homemade pastries and sandwiches in this oasis of a café, run by three sisters from the village. Similarly, Ebbas Café and Catering External link, opens in new window. in Lilla Böslid has a wonderfully cozy open-air seating area in its gardens where dogs are most welcome. You can enjoy waffles, salads, cakes and ice cream in a rural and relaxing atmosphere here.
If you want to have a quick bite with your dog at one of “The 7 Wonders of Halmstad,” head to Särdals Kvarn (swe). External link, opens in new window. Built in 1890, the Dutch style six-story windmill is one of the largest windmills in the Nordic region. Nowadays you can have a snack in the rustic and cozy café. Take a seat in the lush courtyard garden where your dog and you are welcome, and enjoy delicious pastries, hearty sandwiches and light lunch dishes.
At in the Hallandsgården open-air museum, you can turn your snack time into a real excursion. You can experience life as it was in former times and view old buildings from all over Halland. During the summer there is also a rich program with a range of activities available including guided tours and handicraft workshops based on a variety of themes. Take a seat at Ekoteket Halmstad (swe) External link, opens in new window. in Hallandsgården’s café open during the summertime and enjoy an authentic ecological lunch, with ice cream and other refreshments in a cozy and peaceful garden setting. Dogs on a leash are always welcome.
List of additional dog-friendly cafés in Halmstad
Café name – and where in the café dogs are welcome
- Brooktorpsgården (swe) External link, opens in new window. – both indoors and outdoors.
- Cortade Coffeeshop (swe) External link, opens in new window. – both indoors and outdoors.
- Ebba’s café External link, opens in new window. – outside in the garden. Only open in the summertime.
- Espressohouse (swe) External link, opens in new window. – both indoors and outdoors.
- Ekoteket Halmstad in Hallandsgården (awe) External link, opens in new window. – outside in the gardens. Only open in the summertime.
- Greta’s Café External link, opens in new window. – indoors and outdoors.
- Karlslund’s café (swe) External link, opens in new window. – in the garden. Only open in the summertime.
- Linda’s Eco-Café (swe) External link, opens in new window.– indoors and outdoors.
- Nicola’s Café (swe) External link, opens in new window. – Indoors and outdoors.
- Rawfabrique (swe) External link, opens in new window. – indoors and outdoors.
- Särdals Kvarn (swe) External link, opens in new window. – in the outdoor garden. Open high season only, see their website for details.
More info is coming.
Map with extra dog-friendly places in Halmstad
Information in the map is in Swedish. Click the icon in the top right corner of the map to open in Google Maps. To view and hide different layers, as well as to see all visitor destinations, click on the icon in the top left corner of the map.
More for you and your dog in Halmstad
Inspiration and guidesCan I bring my dog to Halmstad? No problem!…
Nature and the outdoor lifeAhh! The Halmstad air! Filled with the tangs…
Beach and coastShimmering sea and colorful sunsets are only…
Food and drinkFood and drink is not just food and drink.…
Culture and historyIn Halmstad we deliver both culture and history…
EventsTheatre? Concerts? Art exhibitions? Sport?…
Spa and wellnessTaking an invigorating dip in the sea, lacing…
ShoppingShopping is an experience in itself. Perhaps…
The Swedish capital of golfEight unique facilities and 153 golf holes…
Good to knowWe have gathered together a few practical…
AccommodationWhere would you like to stay? In a castle…
Sports and activitiesDo you like being active? Raising your pulse,…